[mvapich-discuss] mpdboot failed with port error

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Apr 17 11:30:50 EDT 2007

Hi Ye Mei,

Thanks for trying out MVAPICH2 and reporting your problem. If you have
InfiniBand cards installed in your cluster, you want to use the Native
InfiniBand interface (Gen2) and not (TCP). Accordingly, you should be
using either make.mvapich2.gen2 (or make.mvapich2.ofa), and not
make.mvapich2.tcp.

You might find it helpful to go through our user guide which guides you
step-by-step on how to use MVAPICH2 over native InfiniBand.

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/download-mvapich2/mvapich2_user_guide.html

Thanks,
Sayantan.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs