[mvapich-discuss] mpdboot failed with port error

Ye Mei ymei at itcc.nju.edu.cn
Mon Apr 16 22:46:08 EDT 2007

Dear mvapich users£¬

I am a rookie. I failed to start mpd on my IBM eServer with Topspin Infiniband card. The error message is:
[ymei at cnode16 mvapichtest]$ cat hostfile
cnode15-ib0
cnode16-ib0
[ymei at cnode16 mvapichtest]$ /home/ymei/mvapich2/bin/mpdboot -n 2 -f hostfile --rsh=ssh
mpdboot_cnode16 (handle_mpd_output 373): from mpd on cnode15-ib0, invalid port info:
Warning: Permanently added 'cnode15-ib0' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
32939
32939

I modified make.mvapich2.tcp, and compile mvapich with script. I have no idea whether this is a correct way to do.
[ymei at cnode16 mvapichtest]$ /home/ymei/mvapich2/bin/mpich2version
Version:           MVAPICH2-0.9.8
Device:            ch3:sock
Configure Options: --prefix=/home/ymei/mvapich2 --with-pm=mpd --without-mpe
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Could anyone give me a help?

Best regards,

Ye Mei
ymei at itcc.nju.edu.cn
Institute of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Key Laboratory of Mesoscopic Chemistry
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
Nanjing University
Nanjing 210093
P.R.China
2007-04-17