[mvapich-discuss] xcbrd tests

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Apr 10 13:43:03 EDT 2007

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Apr 10, 2007, at 12:21 PM, Shaun Rowland wrote:
>
>>> Another solution was to use openmpi-1.2 and when we use -03/-04 for
>>> scalapack and BLACS all tests succeeded with the -03/-04 some test fails
>>
>> I am confused on the very last sentence. There are cases where there are
>> failures with openmpi as well?
>
> Greetings from the OMPI lurker on the list.  :-)
>
> I believe that he is referring to a communicator memory leak that we
> have in the OMPI v1.2 release.  It's fixed for the upcoming OMPI v1.2.1.
>
> Bas -- can you confirm?

Jeff ;-)

We have just made a set of simple MPI-programs to test MPI-libraries for
openib, because we encountered problems when we used BLACS/SCALAPACK.
One of these test programs was a memory leak test. If look at bug report
#970 it is still open.

For openmpi i did the same tests (NO optimization -O0 -g) for
SCALAPACK/BLACS/BLAS and with gcc version 4.1.1 some scalapack test just
hang just like with MVAPICH2

Regards