[mvapich-discuss] xcbrd tests

Shaun Rowland rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:21:54 EDT 2007

Bas van der Vlies wrote:

> Shaun we use BLACS, BLAS (instead of ATLAS is easier to build and test)
> and we use SCALAPACK. For each MPI implementation we have build versions.

I will try BLAS then as well. Thanks for confirming the different build
versions being used.

> We build everything with gcc/gfortran 4.1.1 version. We are Using Debian
> Etch.
>
> Now for mvapich1-0.9.9  i have made SCALAPACK and BLACS with different
> optimization flags (-03 for fortran and -04 for cc) and the xcbrd test
> stops after serveral runs. It just hangs
>
> We have also made SCALAPACK/BLACS/BLAS for mpich-p4 and these runs are
> correct.
>
> Another solution was to use openmpi-1.2 and when we use -03/-04 for
> scalapack and BLACS all tests succeeded with the -03/-04 some test fails

I am confused on the very last sentence. There are cases where there are
failures with openmpi as well?

> Maybe it is the version of the compilers. We now try to build some
> versions with gcc version 3.4 and find out if it is a compiler problem.

I've since tried using the Intel compiler for everything (icc and ifort
both), and it still works for me. I'll take a look at BLAS instead of
ATLAS and see if there's a difference.
Shaun Rowland	rowland at cse.ohio-state.edu
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~rowland/