[mvapich-discuss] xcbrd tests

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Apr 10 07:45:56 EDT 2007

Shaun Rowland wrote:
> Bas van der Vlies wrote:
>> Shaun,
>>
>>  First of all we use the same fortran compilers for all the packages
>> that is why we send the results to this list. I will read your web
>> pages and build the libraries as you suggested and let you know what
>> the result is. My question is what version of mvapich2 did you use. we
>> have version 0.9.8 with 4 patches applied.
>
> Do you have separate builds of BLACS, ATLAS, and ScaLAPACK for each of
> the MPI implementations and the Fortran compiler used in each? In
> addition to the Fortran issue, BLACS and ScaLAPACK also link to the
> specific MPI library.

Shaun we use BLACS, BLAS (instead of ATLAS is easier to build and test)
and we use SCALAPACK. For each MPI implementation we have build versions.

We build everything with gcc/gfortran 4.1.1 version. We are Using Debian
Etch.

Now for mvapich1-0.9.9  i have made SCALAPACK and BLACS with different
optimization flags (-03 for fortran and -04 for cc) and the xcbrd test
stops after serveral runs. It just hangs

We have also made SCALAPACK/BLACS/BLAS for mpich-p4 and these runs are
correct.

Another solution was to use openmpi-1.2 and when we use -03/-04 for
scalapack and BLACS all tests succeeded with the -03/-04 some test fails

Maybe it is the version of the compilers. We now try to build some
versions with gcc version 3.4 and find out if it is a compiler problem.

Regards