[mvapich-discuss] Install error for mvapich2-0.9.5

Tang, Changqing changquing.tang at hp.com
Thu Sep 14 22:38:00 EDT 2006

HI, Here is another question about mvapich-0.9.8 multi-rail on OpenIB.

I have system with two PCI-Express SDR cards, firmware 4.7.0, for the
first card, port 1 is active, port 2 is down, for the second card, port
1 is down, port 2 is active.

I installed OpenFabric 1.0, and installed mvapich-0.9.8 with gen2
multi-rail support.

$ cat hostfile
xcg13
xcg14
$
$ export MPI_ROOT=/scratch/ctang/mvapich-0.9.8
$ $MPI_ROOT/bin/mpicc -g -o pp.x ping_pong.c
$ $MPI_ROOT/bin/mpirun_rsh \
-np 2 -hostfile hostfile \
NUM_HCAS=2 \
NUM_PORTS=1 \
NUM_QP_PER_PORT=1 \
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/scratch/ctang/mvapich-0.9.8/lib/shared \
./pp.x 1048576
ping-pong 1048576 bytes ...
[0] Abort: [xcg13:0] Got completion with error code 12
 at line 1277 in file viacheck.c
Timeout alarm signaled
Cleaning up all processes ...done.
$

What's wrong with me, and can you tell me how to solve this problem ?
Thanks.

--CQ Tang