[mvapich-discuss] Install error for mvapich2-0.9.5

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Sat Sep 9 19:12:45 EDT 2006

Hello,

* On Sep,1 Tang, Changqing<changquing.tang at hp.com> wrote :

> HI, I am a HP engineer trying to use your mvapich-0.9.5. I compile the
> code on a Opteron system with two PCI-X IB cards,
> But got the following error:
>
> 29:2: #error SRQ is not suppported for Mellanox PCI-X cards

Thanks for trying out our latest MVAPICH2-0.9.5 release.

Based on earlier feedback from Christian about the scripts having this
error on PCI-X platforms, we have updated our build scripts. You may
update (or obtain) an SVN copy either from the MVAPICH2 trunk (main
development) or the 0.9.5 branch (all major bug fixes to 0.9.5 release).
You may visit the MVAPICH2 download page for more information on trunk
and branches `policies'.

> Based on what information you make this statement ? We can install both
> VAPI and OpenIB with SRQ support on the system

We made this statement based on the degraded performance of the SRQ
feature on the PCI-X HCAs. You can follow an existing thread discussing
the performance issues.

http://mail.cse.ohio-state.edu/pipermail/mvapich-discuss/2006-September/000339.html

For the time being Send/Receive mode offers better performance on PCI-X
HCAs. Note that for PCI-Express HCAs, by default the SRQ support is
used.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--