[mvapich-discuss] Announcing the release of MVAPICH2 0.9.5 with SRQ, intergrated multi-rail and TotalView support

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Sep 4 10:54:53 EDT 2006

Hello Christian,

* On Sep,4 Christian Guggenberger<christian.guggenberger at rzg.mpg.de> wrote :
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 11:55:36PM -0400, Dhabaleswar Panda wrote:
> > The MVAPICH team is pleased to announce the availability of MVAPICH2
> > 0.9.5 with the following NEW features:
> >
> >  - Shared Receive Queue (SRQ) and Adaptive RDMA support: These
> >    features reduce memory usage of the MPI library significantly to
> >    provide scalability without any degradation in performance.
> >
> is SRQ supposed to be supported with Mellanox PCI-X HCAs ? I tried to do
> a native build (using make.mvapich2.gen2), but the build failed (some
> code snippets told me, that SRQ will not work with PCI-X HCAs). I got
> only a complete build, if I ommited "-DSRQ" in the build script.

Thanks for trying out our latest release. Based on experimental results,
we have seen that the performance of the SRQ feature is not very good on
PCI-X (MT23108) HCAs. Hence, we have decided not to enable/recommend it
for those HCAs. Maybe Mellanox people can give insight into why it is
so.

We'll update the make.mvapich2.gen2 script so that it does this
disabling automatically without troubling end users.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs