[mvapich-discuss] MPI Error 42

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Nov 13 14:29:28 EST 2006

Hello Axel,

Thanks for trying out MVAPICH. As you indicate that the program was
working fine on MPICH2/Windows, I'm wondering if the program uses any
MPI2 functionality? MVAPICH-0.9.4 is an implementation of the MPI-1
standard. If your program does contain MPI2 functionality, we ask that
you try MVAPICH2-0.9.8 (available from our website). If it doesn't
contain MPI2 functionality, then you may upgrade to either
MVAPICH2-0.9.8 or MVAPICH-0.9.8.

In either case, we highly encourage you to upgrade the MPI stack to the
latest release versions of MVAPICH/MVAPICH2 ... MVAPICH-0.9.4 is almost
two years old. Please let us know if the upgrade resolves your problems.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs