[mvapich-discuss] Bug fixes for lazy deregister code

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Jun 29 10:53:26 EDT 2006

Hello Olga,

Thanks for sending us your fixes and your code review of MVAPICH-0.9.8!
Infact, we had incorporated the AVL tree based registration cache since
MVAPICH-0.9.7 not only the current 0.9.8. After receiving the initial
set of patches (from Voltaire), we have committed several fixes to the
registration cache specifically to deal with 32-64 bit issues and page
calculation.

It appears to me that the patch you sent is w.r.t. some Voltaire
internal version of MVAPICH, and not w.r.t. MVAPICH-0.9.8. We will
greatly appreciate if we could get the patch w.r.t our "trunk". This
will allow us to review it much more clearly and see exactly which
issues are being resolved by which parts of the code. It'll help us
apply the patch cleanly too.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Sayantan.