[mvapich-discuss] MVAPICH2 over uDAPL...

Choudhury, Durga Durga.Choudhury at drs-ss.com
Mon Feb 20 14:14:05 EST 2006

Hi Lei

Thanks for the information. I actually found this out within minutes of
making that post; I guess I should read the documentation more carefully
before dashing to the keyboard. You might as well have responded with a
terse "RTFM".

Here is a question that I *think* is non-trivial, and again, any help is
deeply appreciated. Has anyone tried using ch3 device ssm channel on
anything other than an Intel platform? (This is the channel that uses
sockets for remote communication and shared memory for local
communication). Our architecture is a cluster of SMP MIPS64 cores, so
this device/channel would be ideal. However, in the inline function
MPIDU_Process_lock() defined in
src/mpid/common/locks/mpidu_process_locks.h, the three #ifdefs
(HAVE_INTERLOCKEDEXCHANGE, HAVE__INTERLOCKEDEXCHANGE and
HAVE_COMPARE_AND_SWAP) all seem to be defined only for intel processors
(actually the first two seem to be defined only for the IA64
architecture.)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Durga