[mvapich-discuss] problems when building and using mvapich0.9.8

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Thu Dec 21 11:47:37 EST 2006

Songbo,

I assume this is a new install of InfiniBand on these machines? I suspect
many of your issues are coming from copying IBGD to other machines.

I suggest that you start by uninstalling IBGD and then download OFED
1.1 from OpenFabrics, which is the stack being supported by all vendors.
As such, many of the more advanced features in MVAPICH are only being
supported for the OpenFabrics drivers.

OFED 1.1:
https://openfabrics.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/releases/OFED-1.1.tgz

When installing OFED you'll have the choice of where to install the files,
the default is /usr/local/ofed

After installing OFED you can then use the make.mvapich.gen2 script and
follow the directions from the user guide at:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/user_guide.html

For the default install, all you'll have to change is IBHOME and
IBHOME_LIB to the appropriate directories -- /usr/local/ofed and
/usr/local/ofed/lib64 for a 64-bit machine with the defaults.

Hopefully this will help. Thanks,

Matt