[mvapich-discuss] problems when building and using mvapich0.9.8

songbo songbo at ncic.ac.cn
Thu Dec 21 00:42:25 EST 2006

Hi,
    I'm a new user of Mvapich. I have got some problems when building and using mvapich 0.9.8

    1. when I build with make.mvapich.udapl, I got the following error infomation: "mvapich-0.9.8/bin/tarch does not exist (or is not a regular file)! "
        The tarch file does exist before I execute make.mvapich.udapl.

    2. I can successfully bulid and install the mvapich over vapi. But when I run "mpirun_rsh -rsh -np 2 inode34 inode36 ./osu_bibw", the error      informaton is:
    [0] Abort: Error: EVAPI_list_hcas: Error in an underlying O/S call
    at line 332 in file viaparam.c
    mpirun: executable version 0 does not match our version 3.

    3. when I build with make.mvapich.vapi_multi, the error information is also "mvapich-0.9.8/bin/tarch does not exist (or is not a regular file)! "

Is there anyone who can tell me how to solve the problem?
Thanks very much!

BTW: I'm using the OFED. When builiding with make.mvapich.vapi*,the default "MTHOME=/usr/local/ibgd/driver/infinihost" is for IBGD. But in OFED,I can't find the location of  the libraries such as libmtl_common.so. So I just copy the infinihost directory for another machine with IBGD and  modify the MTHOME. Will it cause any problems?

songbo
2006-12-21