[mvapich-discuss] Problem with MPI_Init

Schwind Michael michael.schwind at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Dec 7 06:30:38 EST 2006

Hello Matthew,

On Thursday 07 December 2006 02:07, Matthew Koop wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I'm a bit unclear on what issue you are facing here. I'm assuming this is
> with MVAPICH2 (not openmpi as you note later)? If so, what version are you
> using and with what compile and configure options?

I am using openib version 1.0 and gcc-4.1.2.
My kernel is 2.6.18 from kernel.org patched
with perfctr 2.6.25.

Openib was configured with the these userlevel-options:
WITH_IBVERBS=yes
WITH_MTHCA=yes
WITH_IPATHVERBS=yes
WITH_EHCA=no
WITH_CM=yes
WITH_SDP=yes
WITH_DAPL=yes
WITH_RDMACM=yes
WITH_MANAGEMENT_LIBS=yes
WITH_OSM=yes
WITH_DIAGS=yes
WITH_MPI=no
WITH_PERFTEST=yes
WITH_SRPTOOLS=yes
WITH_TVFLASH=yes
WITH_MSTFLINT=yes

The kernel is compiled with the following options:
CONFIG_INFINIBAND=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_USER_MAD=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_USER_ACCESS=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ADDR_TRANS=y
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_IPOIB_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SRP=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_ISER=m
CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SDP=m
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_SDP_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MADEYE is not set

> How many processes is
> this seen with?
It's seen with only 2 processes runing on different nodes.

> The MPID_CS_ENTER macro is only defined when --enable-threads is used in
> the configure stage, otherwise it is not defined. Even with
> multithreading, we have not seen any issues.

I tried now different configurations with and without
multithreading-support.

Values set in make.mvapch2.gen2:
OPT_FLAG=-O2
ENABLE_CKPT=no