[mvapich-discuss] mpdtrace issue...

Choudhury, Durga Durga.Choudhury at drs-ss.com
Wed Aug 23 12:07:08 EDT 2006

Hi All

The `mpdtrace` command seems to have a bug in it (or is it by design?)
which is as follows:

If the hostname of my machine is foo_bar, mpdtrace prints only the first
part of it, i.e. foo. In our case, the nodes are in slots of a VME
chassis with hostnames such as board_1 board_2 etc, which become all
identical name for mpdtrace.

Until now, I was using and testing mvapich (just the MPICH2 part of it)
on an empty card cage with just two slots populated that I was naming
manually. In a fully loaded chassis that I am now testing, the names are
assigned automatically and the mpdring does not form, which worked
flawlessly before. I suspect this might be because of this mpdtrace
issue. Please help.

Thanks

Durga