[mvapich-discuss] problem w/MVAPICH in the frames of Gen1

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Aug 4 14:09:37 EDT 2006

Mikhail Kuzminsky wrote:

> In message from Jimmy Tang <jtang at tchpc.tcd.ie> (Fri, 4 Aug 2006
> 17:35:13 +0100):
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we had a similar problem to this a while ago, if I remember
>> correctly, what we did was run this on all the nodes that wishes to
>> participate in a calculation with mvapich...
>>
>>     sysctl -w vm.disable_cap_mlock=1
>>
>> Jimmy.
>

> Jimmy,
> thanks for your idea !
>
> Unfortunately there is no /proc/sys/vm/disable_cap_mlock file
> for my 2.4.21 SuSE kernel, and sysctl -w doesn't work :-(

You may try to increase the maximum amount of lockable memory on your
system using the instructions given in:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-360007.2.3

Can you please let us know what is the outcome of that?

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs