[mvapich-discuss] Solaris x86

Matthew Koop koop at cse.ohio-state.edu
Mon Apr 17 21:36:32 EDT 2006

Michael,

I'm wondering if it may be some issue with your shell. Can you try running
the commands in another shell, like tcsh, and see what happens?

If that doesn't work, can you try running the following script? Just copy
the parts between the "---"s into a file called print.pl. This will just
make sure there isn't any strange shell expansion going on.

print.pl
----------------------
#!/usr/bin/perl

foreach my $i (0 .. $#ARGV) { print "$i: $ARGV[$i]\n"; }
----------------------

# Then make it executable
chmod a+x print.pl

# Try running it with some parameters
./print.pl -np 2 tse41-ib tse42-ib DAPL_PROVIDER="ibd0" ./cpi

It should print:

0: -np
1: 2
2: tse41-ib
3: tse42-ib
4: DAPL_PROVIDER=ibd0
5: ./cpi

if everything is working normally.

Please let us know the outcome of this. Thanks,

Matthew Koop