[mvapich-discuss] mpirun runtime problems with ch_gen2

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 14 13:02:01 EDT 2006

Hello Guido,

Thanks for giving our SVN revision a whirl! We're sorry you faced this
issue. Gen2 (ch_gen2) is indeed supported for MVAPICH-0.9.7. In order to
compile/use MVAPICH-0.9.7 over Gen2, please refer to our user guide:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html

Sections 4.4.1 and 5.2 give detailed instructions on building and
running MPI programs over Gen2. These include compile instructions and
running instructions using `mpirun_rsh'. Normally, mpirun too should
work for running programs over Gen2. We will investigate this issue and
get back to you. However, in the meantime, please continue to use
`mpirun_rsh' or `mpirun_mpd' based startup for running MPI jobs over
OpenIB/Gen2.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs