[mvapich-discuss] mvapich 0.9.7 vapi driver + SilverStorm drivers

Dhabaleswar Panda panda at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 7 13:09:55 EDT 2006

Hi Troy,

Thanks for chiming in and indicating that you are also seeing similar
problems with 0.9.7 and SilverStorm drivers.

It appears that SilverStorm's VAPI driver has different functions or
data structures than Mellanox IBGD and this is leading to this
incompatibility problem.

Since SilverStorm people are running a version of MVAPICH (not sure
which older version of MVAPICH is being used), they will be able to
clearly indicate the required changes needed to make the latest
MVAPICH 0.9.7 run with their proprietary latest driver. This will help
SilverStorm's customers to take advantage of the latest features of
MVAPICH.

As I had indicated earlier, we do not have access to SilverStorm's
stack. Thus, it is very hard for us to figure out what is going on
here and what changes are needed.

I am cc'ing this note to Mr. Todd Rimmer, Chief Systems Architect, of
SilverStorm.

Mr. Rimmer: Could you please let all of us know about this
incompatibility problem and how Silverstorm's users can solve it.

Thanks,

DK