[mvapich-discuss] SilverStorm HCA 7000 & mpich

Sayantan Sur surs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Fri Apr 7 11:10:40 EDT 2006

Hello Julio,

Thanks for your question. Sorry to know that you are facing trouble
compiling/installing MVAPICH. Please look at my answers below.

> Our cluster is running xeon processors with SilverStorm HCA 7000 and the OS is
> Rocks 4.1 Fuji (based in CentOS), and I wanted to know which are the libraries
> with the highest performance , are they the mvapich 0.97? In the case these
> were the most recommended ones, I have the next problem when I do the ./
> configure of the make.mvapich.gen2:
>

> - Eveything is ok , but I find an error with this sentence: No rule to make
> target ‘install’

Please make sure that you have all the required Gen2 libraries
installed. For more details on installing Gen2 libraries, look at:

https://openib.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Installation+Cheat+Sheet

After you are done installing, please verify your installation by
running sample [rc,srq,ud]_pingpong tests. They will usually reside in
/usr/local/bin. If they aren't there, you can get them from:

https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/src/userspace/libibverbs/examples/

You should also make sure of setting the max locked memory to unlimited
(or the max physical memory size of your machine). Look at the
`Troubleshooting' section (7.2.3) of our user guide for more details on
how to do that:

http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/projects/mpi-iba/mvapich_user_guide.html#x1-250007

Finally, please use the command:

$ ./make.mvapich.gen2

and answer the questions it asks (I/O Bus type: PCI-X or PCI-Ex), IB
Link speed (SDR, DDR).

This should configure, build and install MVAPICH for you. Please let us
know if you are able to install and use MVAPICH successfully.

Thanks,
Sayantan.

--
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~surs