MCLC: Jan. 19, 2021

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 19 10:42:37 EST 2021

MCLC LIST
January 19, 2021

Today we posted the following on the MCLC Blog (http://u.osu.edu/mclc/list/blog/):

After more than twenty years as editor of MCLC, I will be stepping down this spring. In December of last year, the editorial board met via Zoom to discuss the relative merits of four proposals submitted by parties interested in taking over the editorship. It was a difficult decision, but in the end we chose a two-person editorial team--Natascha Gentz<https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/natascha-gentz> and Christopher Rosenmeier<https://www.ed.ac.uk/profile/christopher-rosenmeier>--of the University of Edinburgh. I am delighted to welcome them as the journal's new editors.

The new editors will begin their duties with the fall 2021 issue. However, effective immediately, they will be overseeing the submission review process. All new submissions to the journal should be directed to the new editors and sent to the following email address: MCLC at ed.ac.uk<mailto:MCLC at ed.ac.uk>. At least for the time being, I will continue on as manager of the MCLC Resource Center<https://u.osu.edu/mclc/>, running the MCLC LIST/BLOG<https://u.osu.edu/mclc/list/> and supervising book reviews<https://u.osu.edu/mclc/book-reviews/> and editing online publications<https://u.osu.edu/mclc/online-series/>.

Details about the journal's future publisher and the handling of subscriptions still need to be worked out, but they should be finalized by the beginning of 2022. Printing, subscriptions, and distribution will remain the same until that time.

It has been my honor and pleasure to serve the field over the years. With Professors Gentz and Rosenmeier in charge, MCLC will be in good hands.

Kirk A. Denton
Editor, MCLC