MCLC: How a journal censored my review on Xinjiang (4)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat May 18 21:03:59 EDT 2019

MCLC LIST
How a journal censored my review on Xinjiang (4)
I do not believe it is fruitful or correct to focus on Han Xiaorong or any one person. I do believe Brill, as a publisher and as a business that purports to work in the academic world of free inquiry, needs to take responsibility for its attempts to play all sides of a very fraught issue. It cannot be an honest broker without honesty. Brill needs to be held to account. The attacks on Han Xiaorong need to stop. In my opinion.
Rebecca Karl <karl.rebecca22 at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on May 18, 2019