MCLC: Tragic end of Shi Hui (1)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 6 09:38:42 EST 2019

MCLC LIST
Tragic end of Shi Hui (1)
I am probably among a few still around who actually saw Shi Hui’ works. I remember being deeply touched by My Whole Life 我這一輩子 and Joys and Trepidations of Middle Age 哀樂中年 as a child and a teenager. Reading this article prompts me to think there is some similarity between Shi’s fate and that of Lao She--both seemed so eager to fit in with the PRC but both ended with a tragic suicide.
Lily Lee
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 6, 2019