MCLC: The Handsome Monk

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jan 8 11:51:54 EST 2019

MCLC LIST
The Handsome Monk
Dear Colleagues,
I'm pleased to announce that my translation of The Handsome Monk and Other Stories, by Tsering Döndrup, is now available, published by Columbia University Press.
Tsering Döndrup is a Mongolian-Tibetan author from Amdo (Qinghai Province). He is one of the most popular and acclaimed authors writing in Tibetan today, and is renowned for his humorous and penetrating critiques of contemporary Tibetan society. Of particular interest will be the manner in which he treats the experiences of Tibetans in modern China, including the major impact of Chinese on the modern Tibetan language.
Here is the link to the publisher's page. There is a 30% discount with the code CUP30:
https://cup.columbia.edu/book/the-handsome-monk-and-other-stories/9780231190237
The distributor in the UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia is John Wiley & Sons (customer at wiley.com), and Footprint Books in Australia and New Zealand (http://www.footprint.com.au/)
best,
Christopher Peacock <cp2657 at columbia.edu>