MCLC: The work of Li Xiaoguai

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Apr 18 09:50:43 EDT 2019

MCLC LIST
The work of Li Xiaoguai
Dear all,
My student assistants and I made a 15-minute-long short video entitled "Subversive Writing and Political Comics: The Work of Li Xiaoguai." You may find it useful as a teaching material on the topics of Internet censorship, Chinese characters and Chinese writing, coded language in contemporary China, etc.
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hNOrAe8yE]
The Youtube link at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5hNOrAe8yE&t=4s
For the artist's statement, check out: http://pwp.gatech.edu/gmfchinaevents/artist-statement-subversive-writing-and-political-comics-in-china/
My article on Li has been recently published and here is the citation:
“Subversive Writing: Li Xiaoguai’s Newly Coined Chinese Characters and His Comic Blogging,” Chinese Literature: Essays, Articles, Reviews (CLEAR), Vol. 40, 2018, 199-220.
Cheers,
Jin Liu <jin.liu at modlangs.gatech.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on April 18, 2019