MCLC: Jing Daily translation internship

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 14 09:06:42 EDT 2018

MCLC LIST
Jing Daily translation internship
Translation Internship | Jing Daily
We are currently seeking a translation intern. This position is ideal for a student who is fluent in Chinese and English, and is looking to enter the media and fashion industry. She/he will work closely with our Chinese content manager to improve Jing Daily’s media reach in both China market.
Launched in 2009, Jing Daily is the leading digital publication on luxury consumer trends in China. Jing Daily is regularly quoted as a trusted industry voice in The New York Times, Washington Post, BBC, CNN, Bloomberg, Business of Fashion, Luxury Society and more.
We are looking for a candidate that can commit to 20-30 hours a week for a three-month minimum duration.
Qualifications
Experience with both Chinese-English and English-Chinese translation
Strong facility with translations that are both accurate and read well in terms of common usage
Experience with WeChat operations
An interest in business, luxury, culture, and/or fashion in the China market a plus
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
Responsibilities
Translate articles from Chinese to English, and occasionally English to Chinese
Research subscriber list
Operate WeChat platform
Facilitate outreach to Chinese media
Application