MCLC: New MA program at Florida State

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Jan 27 09:52:45 EST 2018

MCLC LIST
New MA program at Florida State
New MA Program in East Asian Languages and Cultures at Florida State University
The Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at Florida State University is pleased to announce that we will shortly start accepting applications for a new Graduate Program (MA) in East Asian Languages and Cultures (EALC), scheduled to begin in Fall 2018.
Emphasizing second language instruction and an extensive knowledge of Chinese and Japanese literatures and cultures, this MA program will offer two tracks: (1) Chinese and (2) Japanese. Students entering this program will elect one of these two tracks. EALC encourages students to pursue interdisciplinary interests, correlating linguistic knowledge with numerous intellectual disciplines. Expertise of our core faculty and affiliated members is wide-ranging, including, for example: literary studies, religion, second-language acquisition, visual culture and film studies, and modern history. Our diverse curriculum, which emphasizes language and cultural proficiency, trains students who wish to continue studies in a compatible PhD or professional program, and prepares students for work in federal and foreign service, NGO fields, and language instruction.
For more program details, please visit modlang.fsu.edu/students/graduate-studies. For additional information, you can also contact the EALC MA Program Graduate Advisor, Dr. Yanning Wang (ywang14 at fsu.edu), the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics’ graduate program coordinator, Wendy Pigott (wpigott at fsu.edu), or our Associate Chair for Graduate Studies, Dr. Reinier Leushuis (rleushuis at fsu.edu).
The Department expects to begin reviewing applications for admission and TA-ship starting February 15, 2018 and can continue to accept applications until approximately May 1, 2018. Applications will be prioritized for financial aid purposes on a first-come first-served basis.
Feng Lan <flan at fsu.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on January 27, 2018