MCLC: Xiqu English terms?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Aug 11 08:40:42 EDT 2018

MCLC LIST
Xiqu English terms?
Dear list members,
Hong Kong West Kowloon Cultural District's first major performing arts centre -- the Xiqu Centre -- opens this December: https://www.westkowloon.hk/en/the-district/architecture-facilities/xiqu-centre/
Our marketing and comms team has asked me if there exists a standardization of Xiqu terms somewhere for their baseline reference and use.
Does East West Centre at U of Hawaii, or someone at HKU or elsewhere know of such a database or listserv or other resource? A kind of Chicago Manual of Style for Xiqu terms in English that they can use as a reference point for why they choose the English terms they choose (right now it is up to the preference / conventions of the translators they engage, but we would prefer something more standardized to reference.)
All directions appreciated!
Many thanks,
Alison Friedman <alison at pingpongarts.org>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on August 11, 2018