MCLC: MLA elections

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 27 09:20:38 EDT 2017

MCLC LIST
MLA elections
Dear Colleagues:
It appears to be the season for elections. The Modern Language Association (MLA) annual election has just opened. I wish to encourage all of you who are members of the MLA and those thinking of joining to vote, supporting candidates who are dedicated to the cause of expanding the role of East Asian languages in the MLA. Here is a list of candidates I plan to support:
Executive Council:
Douglas Armato, Director, University of Minnesota Press.
He is a strong supporter of the publication of East Asian cultural studies.
Delegate Assembly (Professional Issues):
Davinder L. Bhowmik, Associate Professor, University of Washington.
She is a peer in Japanese studies and will help us expand our reach.
Delegate Assembly (Regional Delegates):
New England and Eastern Canada:
Jiwei Xiao, Associate Professor, Fairfield University.
She is a stalwart MLA member and one of our own.
Middle Atlantic:
Shuang Shen, Associate Professor, Penn State.
She works in a Comparative Literature Department and in Asian Studies.
Forum Delegates:
Modern and Contemporary Chinese:
Christopher Lupke
Sijia Yao