MCLC: Excerpt from Guo Xuebo's "Mongolia"

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Oct 13 10:25:54 EDT 2017

MCLC LIST
Excerpt from Guo Xuebo’s “Mongolia”
List members may be interested in the following:
Source: Bruce-humes.com (9/28/17)
“The Mongol Would-be Self-Immolator”:An excerpt from “Mongolia,” a novel by Guo Xuebo
The reason I mention this is that, to the best of my knowledge, self immolation (自焚) is a largely taboo subject in Chinese fiction today. This text — penned by Guo Xuebo 郭雪波, an ethnic Mongol raised in Inner Mongolia — not only poke funs at the omnipresent “stability maintenance” policy, it actually deals head on with the paranoia surrounding the topic of self-immolation.
Bruce Humes <turklit4china at gmail.com>
www.bruce-humes.com
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 13, 2017