MCLC: ACCL membership and conference survey

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 15 09:51:39 EST 2017

MCLC LIST
ACCL membership and conference survey
Dear Colleagues,
Recently, many of you have participated in the leadership election for the Association of Chinese and Comparative Literature—thank you for taking the time to vote!
As the incoming ACCL president, I have posted a survey asking for basic membership registration data, and for your preferences regarding the location of our next biennial conference, in 2019.  Membership is free, and we welcome all those in related fields who are interested.  The survey is online here:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ACCL2017
Please forward this link to any colleagues or graduate students whom you think might be interested in joining ACCL, and fill out the survey no later than December 15.  Although in my recent election statement, I did propose holding the next conference in Vancouver, I am serious about following the preferences of the membership.  If there is a clear majority or plurality in favor of a specific location, I will arrange the conference there; if there is a more ambiguous result, I will try hard to arrange the conference at a convenient site which attracted significant support.  In order to be open with you all about these results, I will share with the ACCL membership a summary of the aggregate preferences after the close of the survey, though of course individual identifying information will be kept confidential.
I have confirmed with multiple Chinese scholars that the Survey Monkey website is available from within the PRC, though it loads very slowly.  In case anyone finds it impractical to access the above link, I have attached a form-fillable ballot, which you may return directly to me at dfried at ualberta.ca.
Thanks, and best wishes,
Daniel Fried <dfried at ualberta.ca>
2017-19 ACCL President
by denton.2 at osu.edu on November 15, 2017