MCLC: Afterlives of the Nanjing Massacre

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 13 10:01:18 EST 2017

MCLC LIST
Afterlives of the Nanjing Massacre
We are rapidly approaching the 80th anniversary of the Nanjing Massacre. Now that the Party Congress is over and Trump's visit too, I expect this to be back in the spotlight. Here I chart the journey of the Nanjing Massacre as it pinballed through history, more often filling out powerful agendas than reflecting on the terrible fate of those caught in the crossfire.
The Afterlives of the Nanjing Massacre
Hopefully it will spur some discussion here about what this sort of thing means nowadays and different ways of grappling with it.
Lee Mack <leeallenmack at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on November 13, 2017