MCLC: Help with Yu Dafu translations?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 7 08:50:55 EST 2017

MCLC LIST
Help with Yu Dafu translations?
Dear list members,
I am writing an article on Yu Dafu as a translator. While cataloguing his Chinese renditions, I stumbled upon three essays/articles that he translated towards the end of his life while in exile, and I don’t seem to be able to identify their sources (author names and original titles).
Here are the mysterious three:
修拉‧堪曼 (?), 「中國的出海新路」(1939)
恩斯脫‧詹姆斯 (Ernest/Ernst James?), 「溫斯頓‧丘吉爾——一位若干實行的人物」(1941)
李良‧克來格 (Lilian Craig?), 「馬爾泰島」(1941)
For those who have Yu Dafu quanji 郁達夫全集 (Hangzhou: Zhejiang daxue chubanshe, 2007) at hand, the three texts are found at the end of vol. 12, the one entirely devoted to Yu's translations (pp. 515-521, 522-524, 525-531 respectively).
Can anyone please help me identify these names and titles, or point out someone who could? Thank you in advance,
Paolo Magagnin <paolo.magagnin at unive.it>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on March 7, 2017