MCLC: Return of the show trial

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 28 11:00:36 EDT 2017

MCLC LIST
Return of the show trial
My new publication on the Stalinist show trial, including as revived and adapted for our times, in China:
The Return of the Show Trial: China’s Televised “Confessions,” Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus, Volume 15, Issue 13, Number 1. (June 25, 2017). Now online at: http://apjjf.org/2017/13/Fiskesjo.html
--ps. Today I also published an article in a Swedish paper, sparring with a Swedish government minister who is right now in China, to seal export deals. The Prime Minister who leads that delegation has said, yesterday, that he has "brought up" the case of our kidnapped citizen Gui Minhai, the Hong Kong-based publisher and bookstore owner, who has been held without trial since he was abducted from Thailand(!) in October 2015.
My article is in Swedish: "Kan Sverige låtsas ha relationer med Kina som om inget hänt?" Magnus Fiskesjö. Sydsvenska Dagbladet Snällposten, Aktuella frågor. 27 juni 2017 04:00am. https://www.sydsvenskan.se/2017-06-27/kan-sverige-latsas-ha-relationer-med-kina-som-om-inget-hant
--Our hopes are that the Swedish delegation now in China can bring home our citizen on their plane, which takes off tomorrow.
--Sincerely,
Magnus Fiskesjö
by denton.2 at osu.edu on June 28, 2017