MCLC: Cantonese opera film Guan Hanqing?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Jul 22 09:51:03 EDT 2017

MCLC LIST
Cantonese opera film Guan Hanqing?
Dear List Members,
I am interested in translating the script of a Cantonese opera film, titled Guan Hanqing 關漢卿. It was adapted from Tian Han’s 田漢 stage play, cast by the Cantonese opera masters Hong Xiannv 紅線女 and Ma Shizeng 馬師曾, filmed by 上海海燕電影製片廠 and 廣州珠江電影製片廠 jointly, and released in 1960.
I realized that there is an English translation of Tian Han’s original play, but would like to make sure that there is no existing translation of the opera film yet. Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Warm thanks,
Zhou Yunjun – yunjunz at uchicago.edu
by denton.2 at osu.edu on July 22, 2017