MCLC: David Keightley (1932-2017)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 27 09:43:00 EST 2017

MCLC LIST
David Keightley (1932-2017)
We have lost a giant in Chinese studies. David Keightley was a wonderful person and scholar whose work on ancient China and its antecedents inspired me a lot, and is highly relevant to modern China studies, too, especially because of the intense struggles today, over how to understand China's past. I was lucky to meet him one last time, when he graced my presentation on just that topic, at Berkeley two years ago. In sadness, Magnus Fiskesjö <nf42 at cornell.edu>