MCLC: Journal of Chinese Cinemas change of editors

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 18 10:02:54 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Journal of Chinese Cinemas change of editors
CFP and change of editors at Journal of Chinese Cinemas
With this issue (10.3) the Journal of Chinese Cinemas completes a full ten-year of publication. It is time for the founding editors to pass on the baton of editorship to inject new blood into the Journal, giving it new vision and direction. We have had a wonderful time editing the journal since its launch in 2007, thanks in no small part to the support and advice from members of the editorial and advisory boards as well as contribution by a wider pool of scholars as authors, reviewers, and guest editors. We are pleased to announce that Yomi Braester (University of Washington, Seattle) and Weihong Bao (University of California, Berkeley) have offered their service and will assume editorship with effect from 2017.
As the Journal enters its second decade, work on exciting special issues on ecocinema and animation is already underway, and the incoming editors are working with current ones to ensure a smooth transition. We look forward to your continued support for the Journal, and we are confident that the Journal will soar even higher under the wings of the new editors.
Song Hwee Lim (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Julian Ward (University of Edinburgh)
***
Journal of Chinese Cinemas, the leading periodical on its subject, is expanding its mandate. The journal welcomes contributions by scholars in cinema studies, whether they specialize in Chinese-language cinema or have pedagogical or other interest in the field. Papers may address any topic that touches on film, new media, and the mediality of cinema and its past and future forms. In addition, contributors may propose state-of-the-field reports on developments in film festivals, archival holdings, and scholarship in Chinese.
The incoming editors, Yomi Braester and Weihong Bao, thank the founding editors, Song Hwee Lim and Julian Ward, for ten very productive years of service.
Inquiries and submissions should be addressed to Yomi Braester: yomi at uw.edu and Weihong Bao: wbaoster at berkeley.edu
From: Song Hwee Lim <shlim at cuhk.edu.hk>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 18, 2016