MCLC: Seeking former IUP/ICLP Taiwan alumni (1)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Oct 17 10:51:18 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Seeking former IUP/ICLP Taiwan alumni (1)
I have been on the IUP board of directors since 1997 in different capacities, and continue to serve on it. I think ICLP is a terrific language program and I often recommend it to my students, but I am very surprised at how this letter refers to 1997 as the “rechristening of IUP as ICLP” and it’s attempt to claim IUP alumni from before 1997, negating IUP’s continued existence in Beijing since then and undermining IUP’s institutional legitimacy. IUP alums from earlier years will no doubt make their own choices about whether to support ICLP or IUP, but they should not be given the impression that ICLP represents IUP in any way.
Charles A. Laughlin <cal5m at eservices.virginia.edu>
University of Virginia
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 17, 2016