MCLC: Red Star Over China (1)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 13 09:47:07 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Red Star Over China (1)
In a high school 語文 textbook published by 人民教育出版社, in a volume with the theme of "Selections from Biographies, Chinese and Western," the third excerpted biography (after those of Du Fu and Lu Xun) is Mao Zedong's by Edgar Snow. I wondered a bit when I came across that. But it seems that things don't happen in singletons. First a textbook joins the two men, now a tv series does. We know why Snow was widely read (in English) back then. What are the reasons now (in Chinese)?
Best regards,
Eva Shan Chou <choues at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on October 13, 2016