MCLC: Tale of two writers (2)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Jul 11 06:24:46 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Tale of two writers (2)
I found this piece quite moving. Maybe it was the play on iron in the last paragraph, I woke up humming an old, all too famous song (I won a bet about a lyric from this song a long time ago. Never got paid).
我感觉,你不是铁
却象铁一样强和烈
I feel like you’re not iron
but still strong and raging as iron . . .
Why raging? Well, Ol’ Cui splits up the compound here. I think of molten iron flowing out of a kiln.
The mutual integration of the personal and the political are evident in many cultural areas, many media sectors around our perpetually collapsing world aren’t they? Hell, one keystroke can delete twenty years of work for a researcher. Puff! Up it goes!
All the best,
Sean Macdonald <smacdon2005 at gmail.com>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on July 11, 2016