MCLC: Ethnic-themed Literature guide update

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 4 10:24:15 EST 2016

MCLC LIST
Ethnic-themed Literature guide update
I'd like to let list members know that I’ve updated my Guide to China’s Contemporary Ethnic-themed Literature in Translation:
http://bruce-humes.com/archives/9564
This 民族题材文学 category includes writing — regardless of the author’s ethnicity — in which non-Han culture, motifs or characters play an important role. The great majority of the authors belong to one of China’s minority ethnic groups. There are entries for fiction (and a bit of poetry) touching on the Bai, Evenki, Hui, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Manchu, Miao, Mongolian, Lahu, Lisu, Oirat, Seediq, Tibetan, Uyghur, Xiongnu and Yi peoples. Unless noted, the original is in Chinese and the translation is in English. But I’ve also included a handful of renditions into French, Spanish and Japanese.
Bruce Humes (徐穆实) bruce.humes at paper-republic.org
www.bruce-humes.com (中国少数民族英语博客)
by denton.2 at osu.edu on February 4, 2016