MCLC: Project Pengyou deadline extension

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 22 09:56:34 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Project Pengyou deadline extension
Deadline Extended for American & Chinese Students to Apply for Project Pengyou Leadership Fellows Program (8/26)
Dear Friends,
Thank you to those who have already shared information about the Project Pengyou Leadership Fellows Program with your students and colleagues!
We received a lot of interest and feedback from faculty who hoped we could extend the deadline for their students who are just returning from summer vacation. We would appreciate your help sharing our updated deadline with your students: August 26, 2016.
Current students at a U.S. high school, university or community college who have lived or studied in both the U.S. and China are encouraged to apply. Selected students will participate in a transformative four-day Leadership Training Summit at Harvard University from October 7-10, 2016 and gain unique skills in cross-cultural leadership and community-organizing methods.
For more information please see below or online here.
Thank you for your support!
Very Best,
Alyssa Farrelly <nihao at projectpengyou.org>
Executive Director
Golden Bridges Foundation | ProjectPengyou.org
Calling all American and international students in the US who have lived or studied in the US and China! Apply by 8/26 for the Project Pengyou Leadership Fellows Program.
This is a unique opportunity to join our nationwide Leadership Network of U.S.-China bridge-builders and lead the establishment of a Project Pengyou chapter on your campus. Participants will receive an exclusive invitation to participate in a four-day Leadership Training Summit at Harvard University on October 7-10, 2016.
(www.projectpengyou.org/leadershipfellows)
HIGHLIGHTED BENEFITS
* PARTICIPATE in a transformative training program and gain unique skills in cross-cultural leadership and community-organizing methods
* JOIN a vibrant global community of leadership fellows and connect with other motivated students with U.S.-China experience
* ACCESS to professional development opportunities in the U.S.-China space
* LEAD a Project Pengyou Chapter and drive US-China exchange, knowledge and action at your school
All participants are responsible for their own airfare and travel. Lodging, food, speaker and summit costs will be covered by Golden Bridges Foundation / Project Pengyou. Limited travel stipends will be available based on donations.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
* Current students at a U.S. university, community college or high school (graduate students also eligible) with experience studying or living in both the U.S. and China
* Candidates who will graduate May 2017 or later
* Individuals highly committed to launch and lead a robust Project Pengyou Chapter that promotes cross-cultural inclusion, constructive dialogue and U.S.-China exchange
* Students who demonstrate high potential for leadership, community building, problem solving and public speaking
If your school does not already have a Project Pengyou Chapter, we encourage candidates to partner with other students from their school (who should also apply) to lead and mobilize their school's chapter.
Keep in mind that preference will be given to schools with higher numbers of applicants, as critical mass of interest is important for a successful Project Pengyou Chapter at that school.
HOW TO APPLY
www.projectpengyou.org/leadershipfellows
EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 26, 2016 6:00 PM EST
*Applicants must have an account on ProjectPengyou.org and have completed over 75% of their online profile, including a profile photo.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
ProjectPengyou.org and the Leadership Fellows Program are implemented by the Golden Bridges Foundation (www.goldenbridges.org). Established in 2007, Golden Bridges is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to build bridges to China that strengthen the sustainability and capacity of community-based nonprofits and individuals to serve, inspire and transform lives.
Project Pengyou ("pengyou" means friend in Mandarin Chinese) was founded on the belief that young people with frontline experiences in both the US and China are our most crucial and valuable assets for building a brighter future for both countries. In 2014, we launched the Project Pengyou Leadership Fellows Program and began mobilizing a grassroots network of campus chapters across America.
by denton.2 at osu.edu on August 22, 2016