MCLC: Stephen C. Song memorial awards 2015-16

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 1 15:37:42 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Stephen C. Song memorial awards 2015-16
Dear All,
It is with great pleasure that I hereby announce the results for the 18th Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Memorial Awards (2015–2016) set up by the Research Centre for Translation, Institute of Chinese Studies, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
After two rounds of careful screening, our adjudicators, Professor Theodore Huters, Professor Sher-shiueh Li, and Professor Lawrence Wang-chi Wong, have selected the Special Mention from amongst the 62 outstanding entries submitted this year:
Stephen C. Soong Translation Studies Memorial Awards (2015–2016) Special Mention:
Chen Hung-shu (Department of English Instruction, University of Taipei)
"Translating 'Teacher': The Role Model in the Education Novel under the Influence of Dual Cultures," Bulletin of the Institute of Chinese Literature and Philosophy, No. 46 (March 2015).
There are no winners for the standard awards this year.
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Professor Chen Hung-shu and also extend my thanks to all who submitted their papers for consideration. Call for submissions for the 19th Stephen C. Soong Awards will be announced in December 2016.
For more information, please visit us at http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/rct/ts/soong_awards.html.
Yours Sincerely
Lawrence Wang-chi Wong
Director, Research Centre for Translation
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
各位學者:
香港中文大學中國文化研究所翻譯研究中心主辦的第十八屆「宋淇翻譯研究論文紀念獎」(2015–2016)評審工作已順利完成。本屆評選共收到62篇優秀參選論文,論文獎評審委員會成員李奭學教授、胡志德教授及王宏志教授經過兩輪嚴謹評審,結果如下:
宋淇翻譯研究論文紀念獎(2015–2016)「評判提名」:
陳宏淑 (臺北市立大學英語教學系):
〈翻譯「教師」——日系教育小說中受到雙重文化影響的教師典範〉,《中國文哲研究集刊》,第四十六期(2015年3月) 。
本年常規獎項從缺。
翻譯研究中心對陳宏淑教授表達誠摯的祝賀,也借此機會對所有參選者表達由衷的感謝。
第十九屆「宋淇翻譯研究論文紀念獎」將在2016年12月開始徵集稿件,詳情請參閲http://www.cuhk.edu.hk/rct/ts/soong_awards.html。
王宏志