MCLC: Xue Yiwei's war stories (3)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:08:03 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Xue Yiwei’s war stories (3)
Together with the author, I translated "The Veteran" as "The Old Soldier" (老兵) in Renditions in 2010. It's from Liudong de fangjian (流动的房间).
For those interested, I wrote an article about his fiction (together with the author) that was published in Jintian a long time ago:
(彭吉蒂). 2001.”中国和其他的灾难:薛忆沩长篇小说“遗弃”和“一个影子的告别”中的真义观念” (“China and Other Catastrophes: The Concept of Authenticity in Xue Yiwei’s novels Desertion and A Shadow’s Farewell”). Jintian今天 (Today) 4 (2001): 56-78.
There are quite a few articles about his fiction in Chinese.
Best,
Birgit Linder <blinder at cityu.edu.hk>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on April 27, 2016