MCLC: Employment requirements for state-owned companies?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 2 09:38:26 EDT 2016

MCLC LIST
Employment requirements for state-owned companies?
I am researching employment requirements for employees working at state-owned companies during the 1980s in China. I have found some information stating that in order to be employed by state-owned companies that employees would have to sign an agreement to be a "probationary member" of the communist party; however, I have a few lingering questions. Was it required that these employees sign on to be a "probationary member?" If so, was it required of all employees? Or just those in higher-up positions?
I would be grateful for any insight or sources regarding this information.
Sarah Kelsey Hipp <shipp at law.jmls.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on April 2, 2016