MCLC: Chinese print book--cfp

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 24 08:22:12 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Chinese print book–cfp
Traditions and Revolutions in China’s Printed Image: Print in Modern and Contemporary China
Printmaking has a long history in China, but since the late Qing Dynasty (1644–1912) it has been utilized in innovative ways. This book will explore the development of print culture in modern and contemporary China, with a particular focus on the artistic visual expressions in the medium. We are seeking essays from a variety of fields that will not only evaluate the complex artistic and cultural dimensions of Chinese print but also examine the crucial moments when this medium was given new applications in political and commercial realms.
We will first review abstracts and then invite submissions of full chapters for consideration. Please submit a 400-500 word abstract along with a chapter title, author name, affiliation, and contact information (phone, e-mail and mailing address). Submit your proposal as a Word document to both Sonja Kelley (skelley at mica.edu) and Shaoqian Zhang (shaoqian.zhang at okstate.edu) by October 15, 2015.
Sonja Kelley <skelley at mica.edu>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 24, 2015