MCLC: Toilet Adventures (1)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 19 09:37:45 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Toilet Adventures (1)
I am happy to announce that my film 'toilet adventures' (15 min.) has been published on the ANU's The China Story website:
https://www.thechinastory.org/2015/08/toilet-adventures-in-china-making-sense-of-transnational-encounters/
'toilet adventures' traces the experiences of a dozen people in their encounters with toilets in China. It is designed for classroom use, and highlights issues of the international politics of the everyday, intercultural communication, and power/knowledge relationships.
It's a good way to get students talking about what it means to be 'foreign'.
It has been shown at various film festivals, and recently was shortlisted by the UK's Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) for a Research in Film Award for 'Innovation'.
best wishes,
William Callahan
London School of Economics
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 19, 2015