MCLC: Huang Bao Mei film?

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 17 09:55:22 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Huang Bao Mei film?
I have a quick query that I was wondering if someone could help me with. I am currently researching Chinese model workers following 1949, specifically film adaptations of their accomplishments. I am currently looking for a copy of Huang Bao Mei (黄宝妹), a film produced in 1958 that details the life of the Shanghai model worker of the same name. There are numerous screenshots of scenes from the film available online, however after searching on Chinese streaming websites and looking for DVD/VCDs etc, I am unable to find a copy of the film. Does anyone know if there is a copy available somewhere for viewing?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
James Farley <jf312 at kent.ac.uk>
PhD Research Candidate, University of Kent, United Kingdom.
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 17, 2015