MCLC: Suggested readings on Chinese Dream (1,2,3)

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Sep 16 09:50:25 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Suggested readings on Chinese Dream (1,2,3)
Last year, I wrote a "journalistic" piece called "China Dreams and the Road to Revival"  that might be of interest. Here's the link:
http://origins.osu.edu/article/china-dreams-and-road-revival
Kirk Denton <denton.2 at osu.edu>
======================================
In response to Kevin Lee's question about sources on the Chinese Dream, I have a chapter coming out in an edited volume on Commercial Nationalism, which might interest you:
http://www.palgrave.com/page/detail/commercial-nationalism-zala-volcic/?isb=9781137500984
One of the objects I analyze in that chapter is the film 中国合伙人 (aka American Dreams in China), which is also part of the conclusion in my forthcoming book, Faked in China (Indiana Univ. Press, 2016):
http://www.iupress.indiana.edu/product_info.php?cPath=1037_3130_8042&products_id=807757
Hope these are useful! I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Fan Yang <fanyangus at gmail.com>
Evan Osnos gives a spot-on explanation of the Chinese dream in a 2013 interview with the Asia Society:
http://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/video-evan-osnos-high-bar-new-chinese-dream
And Ian Johnson has written about Chinese dream propaganda posters:
http://www.nybooks.com/blogs/nyrblog/2013/oct/15/china-dream-posters/
Anne Henochowicz <anne at chinadigitaltimes.net>
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 16, 2015