MCLC: Read Paper Republic update

MCLC LIST denton.2 at osu.edu
Sat Sep 12 10:27:34 EDT 2015

MCLC LIST
Read Paper Republic update
On 18 June we announced on the list about READ PAPER REPUBLIC, the new initiative from Paper Republic. Here is an update of our latest developments.
Read Paper Republic - update (as it completes the first quarter!)
Paper Republic launched a new initiative on 18 June - to publish a complete, FREE-TO-VIEW short story (or essay or poem) by a contemporary Chinese writer, ONE A WEEK, for a whole year. We're so grateful to all the authors and translators for their generosity and enthusiasm, especially as this project is running on an entirely voluntary basis.
We're happy to say we have just completed our the first quarter! We're now at no. 13 out of a total of 52 pieces! I'll list them all below.  http://paper-republic.org/pubs/read/
13.   路内 《阿弟,你慢慢跑》 "Keep Running, Little Brother" -- by Lu Nei, translated by Rachel Henson
12.   叶尔克西 ·胡尔曼别克 《无痛》 "Painless" -- by Yerkex Hurmanbek, translated by Roddy Flagg
11.   王小妮 《1966年 : 火车头》 "1966: Locomotive" -- by Wang Xiaoni, translated by Eleanor Goodman
10.   颜歌 《钟腻哥》 "Sissy Zhong" -- by Yan Ge, translated by Nicky Harman
9.      张翎, 《女人四十》  "A Woman, At Forty" -- by Zhang Ling, translated by Emily Jones
8.     李静睿 《失踪》  "Missing" -- by Li Jingrui, translated by Helen Wang
7.      謝曉虹 《吞吐》  "Regurgitated" -- by Dorothy Tse, translated by Karen Curtis
6.     朱岳 《泽尔尼克之死》 "The Death of Zernik" -- by Zhu Yue, translated by David Haysom
5.     王小波 《舅舅情人》 "Mister Lover" -- by Wang Xiaobo, translated by Eric Abrahamsen
4.     张悦然 《二进制》 "Binary" -- by Zhang Yueran, translated by Jeremy Tiang
3.     謝曉虹 《一月:桥》"January: Bridges" -- by Dorothy Tse, translated by Nicky Harman
2.     李娟 《通往滴水泉的路》 "The Road to the Weeping Spring" -- by Li Juan, translated by Lucy Johnston
1.    阿乙 《您好》 "Who's Speaking Please?" -- by A Yi, translated by Michelle Deeter
Best wishes
Helen Wang
http://paper-republic.org/helenwang/
by denton.2 at osu.edu on September 12, 2015